The time has finally come, tomorrow is Food Revolution Day! All around this beautiful globe, people will be getting together to celebrate, share knowledge, cook, eat and stand up for real food to support Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution. Almost 1000 activities will be happening, in 592 cities across 58 different countries!
Here’s just a small selection of local food events you can join all over the world:
- In Noszvaj, Hungary, get an ‘Introduction to edible gardens’. Learn everything about wild edibles and how to prepare raw meals.
- In Berlin, Germany, join the Gidsy team for our ‘Seed Funding’ event. We’ll provide different seeds, pots, good dirt and labels for your plants.
- In Gurgaon, India, get a crash courses on how to grow herbs and veggies in your own apartment at ‘Organically India’.
- In Githurai, Kenya, share your knowledge about healthy food and learn more about it from nutrition experts at the ‘Traditional / Healthy Food Display’.
- In Honolulu, Hawaii, watch a live Mozzarella making demo and learn how to make chocolate at the ‘Mozzarella & Chocolate Making Demos’.
- In Toronto, Canada, sample an amuse-bouche created from locally sourced ingredients at the ‘Chef’s Table @ The Stop’s Farmers Market’.
- In New York, USA, learn how to ‘Build a Farmers Market Feast’ from scratch, including the shopping and preparation.
So what are you waiting for? Take part, and join the Food Revolution!
Don’t forget, all net funds will go towards food education through Jamie Oliver’s foundation projects in the US, UK and Australia. The money will be used to educate, empower and inspire people of all ages to make better and more-informed food choices.