The time has come, Belgian friends! It’s official - as of today, anyone in Hasselt & Ghent can organize and book things to do on Gidsy.
Ghent impressed us with a great call-to-action blog post, but Hasselt really took things above and beyond. From Facebook groups and meetups to local media and radio coverage, Hasselt’s community-driven quest to put their city on the Gidsy map was quite spectacular. We’re totally humbled here at Gidsy HQ, that both of these great cities rallied together and have gotten involved! Big thanks to everyone in Hasselt & Ghent.
Here’s a sampling of the fine activities happening soon in Hasselt & Ghent:
- Join the initiator of Gidsy Hasselt, Nick, on a “Creativity Hotspot Tour” of the city, get to know the growing start-up scene, and meet some creative entrepreneurs.
- Explore the sweet side of the ‘City of Taste’ with Greet, at the “Chocolate & Grappa tasting workshop”.
- For the teens, play DJ for a day and learn how to program your own radio show at MaxHa! with Annelies.
- Join Tom on his 3-hour workshop about the ins and outs of Trend Forecasting and Coolhunting.
- Get a head-start on the rest of the world with Polle at the “Early Shift Experience”.
- Enjoy a day of biking around Ghent with Kristof, with pit-stops at some of the most creative and inspiring studios on the “Creatives in Gent bike tour”
And there you have it! If you’ve got a cool activity you want to offer in Hasselt or Ghent, be sure to create your listing today. We’d love to hear from you!