Mark your calendars: Mother’s Day is coming up this Sunday (you’re welcome)!
Still looking for the perfect Mother’s Day surprise? While the obligatory card/breakfast in bed/flowers/hug always makes them smile, why not break the mold this year and do something fun together with mum?!
There are lots of unique activities happening soon that would make great mother’s day presents. Here are just a few:
- In New York, go on a lovely long walk through the city’s coolest community gardens, and end the night with a sushi-making class together at home.
- In Berlin, surprise her with a 60 minute flight over Berlin, or take her on an alternative “coffee date” at the Coffee Circle brewing workshop.
- In Amsterdam, bust out the old cameras on the Vintage Camera Photo Walk, and spend the rest of the afternoon on a private canal tour.
- In Istanbul, if she’s a fan of the 2006 Nobel Prize for Literature winner Orhan Pamuk, join this tour based on his novel The Museum of Innocence. Or, go for the old faithful: a day of pampering at the spa.
- In San Francisco? A perfect gift for any food-lover: take her on a 3 hour culinary walking tour of the Mission District and meet the owners, purveyors and even taste some of the great local offerings.
- In London, start a family brand and learn to make chutney, or take a watercolour painting class together so Mum can replace the “art” on her fridge.
- In Los Angeles , play tourist for a day or learn to make delicious homemade condiments from scratch.