Food Revolution Day is only 22 days away, and the campaign is picking up a lot of momentum.
Really great events ranging from farmer’s market tours to cooking classes, community fundraisers, and even a “picnic flash mob” will be happening all over this fine globe of ours, to help raise awareness for our collective right to better food. How exciting!
Here’s just a sample of what’s happening across the world on May 19th:
- In Sunbury, Australia, join the “Rawvolution” and enjoy a raw food tasting event at a local organic cafe.
- In Vaughan, Ontario, Canada, the Petits Chefs Academy will be hosting not one, but two family friendly cooking classes.
- In Orford, UK, home of the Kitchen Garden project, there will be a farmer’s market, as well as the launch of the Orford Primary School’s very own pasta sauce!
- In Calabasas, California, it’s Kid’s Day at the local farmer’s market! Plenty of workshops, fun activities and of course, plenty of food to enjoy.
- In Budapest, Hungary, it’s a Food Revolution Picnic Flash Mob! Bring a blanket, pack a picnic, and join in on the fun!
Want to take part in this global event? What are you waiting for?! Get together with your friends, neighbours, co-workers or community, and stand up for real food.
And remember: if you’re in Berlin on May 19th, we’re taking part in the Food Revolution by hosting a Seed Funding at the Gidsy HQ, and would love to see you there!