According to the World Federation of Tourist Guide Associations, Feb. 21st is International Tourist Guide Day! The day aims to bring the attention of local authorities, fellow citizens and the media to the quality and value of local tourist guides. At Gidsy (from the Dutch word “Gids”, meaning guide), we love our tour guides! The many unique urban adventures that are listed on Gidsy motivate us every day, and we’re thrilled to have such a cool group of local guides be part the Gidsy Community.
To celebrate, why not Join us in supporting our local tour guides, and book a tour on Gidsy today? There are many urban adventures to choose from!
If you’re in Berlin,
- Have an “Alternative Berlin Experience” on this awesome tour.
- Explore the hidden courtyards of Kreuzberg on this unique photo tour.
- Take this “Architecture Tour, Eastern Docklands” in Amsterdam, and get to know a different side of the city.
- Learn all about “Amsterdam in the Golden Age” on this tour through the city, lead by a qualified historian.
- Gather the family and “Hail a Tour!” of Harry Potter’s London, and explore the film’s most iconic locations in a classic black cab.
- Spend a Saturday afternoon exploring the newer side of London on this “Modern Architecture” tour.
- Enjoy a personalized “Sightjogging” tour though NYC,
- Join the “Photographing New York City” tour, and explore the city though your lens, with the help of a professional photographer.
- Join the “Hood Tour & Picnic”, and explore some of San Francisco’s best neighborhoods, followed by a nice lunch in Alamo Square.
- On “San Francisco’s Premier Food Tour”, explore the Mission District & enjoy some of the neighborhood’s best artisan nosh.
Also, if you’re a budding local guide, and have a tour you’d like to offer - be sure to create a listing!
Your Gidsy Team.